This article will teach you how to upload video to YouTube from iPhone. YouTube is arguably the most prominent video platform with a database of millions of videos. Statistics reveal that users watch over 5 billion videos on YouTube every day. Almost everyone with an Internet connection uses it on a daily basis.
YouTube is also the go-to video sharing app. 300 hours of video are uploaded on YouTube for each minute, every day. It offers mobile apps for both Android and iOS. You can watch YouTube videos through the app, go live, and upload videos directly.
In this article, you’ll get to know how to upload a video from iPhone to YouTube. There is a straightforward way to do it. Let’s take a look at the method in a step-by-step fashion.
How to upload video to YouTube from iPhone
Using the YouTube App for iOS
Please note that the new iOS update has made it so that you need to give permissions to apps separately.
If you want to upload videos or go live, you will need to provide the YouTube app access to your photos, camera, and microphone.
Please follow the steps below to upload videos from iPhone to YouTube:
- Launch the YouTube app from your iPhone;
- Tap the “+” icon located at the bottom;
- You will see two options: either to upload a video or to go live;
- Tap “Upload a video”;
- If you haven’t already provided permissions to the YouTube app, you will see a prompt to go to the “Settings”;
- Tap “Open Settings”;
- You can allow YouTube to access your photos, camera, and microphone;
- Go back to the YouTube app;
- Go to “Upload a Video” again;
- Now select a video to upload;
- Tap “Next”;
- You can create a proper title for the video and add some description;
- After you have added the details, you can press “Next” again;
- YouTube will now ask you about the audience the video is intended for;
- Use appropriate settings and click “Upload”;
- Now it will upload. The time it will take is dependent on your Internet connection and the length of the video;
- You have now uploaded a video to YouTube directly from your iPhone.
Previously, there used to be another way to share a video to YouTube from your iPhone using the “Photos” app. Apple removed the YouTube button from the share options after iOS 13.
YouTube is a fabulous and useful resource with a massive database. YouTube generates a lot of traffic daily and it’s the second most visited website after Google.
This article explored how we can upload videos from an iPhone to YouTube directly. You need to allow the YouTube app on your iPhone to access your photos before uploading any video.