Looking forward to learning how to see comments on YouTube posted by other users? YouTube makes it really easy to see your own comment history. But when it comes to viewing someone else’s comments, it’s not a straightforward process.
This is quite understandable. YouTube wants to ensure user privacy as much as possible and so, it only makes sense for them to not reveal someone’s entire comment history. However, there is also the fact that the comments made by some users are public.
So, it seems like YouTube has reached a middle ground. It has introduced a feature where you can see someone’s comment history but only for the channel whose video you are watching.
Also, this feature is only available for Android phones at the moment (and that too is only on the YouTube app). So, if you’re on iOS, you are out of luck for this one.
If you have an Android phone though, you can simply follow the below steps. They are quite easy as you can probably tell.
Table of Contents
How to see comments on YouTube posted by other users
To be able to see the comments left by other users, just follow the procedure below:
- First of all, start by opening your YouTube app on your Android phone;
- Then tap on any video you want to watch. It is a good idea if the video is from a popular YouTuber. That’s because it will be more likely that other users have commented previously on one of their other videos. This is quite important because YouTube will only display a user’s comment history on that particular channel;
- Now, you can pause the video or keep playing it (this doesn’t matter). So, the next thing you need to do is scroll down and take a look at the comments section. Expand it so that you can see more comments from more users;
- Then, tap on the profile picture of someone who has written a comment. This could be anyone you like. After you click on their profile pic, a newly designed profile card will open up. It will have all the comments the user has made on the same channel before;
- In fourth step, if the user hasn’t made comments previously on the same channel, it will not appear in the profile card. If that’s the case, then you need to choose a different commentator on the video. You can do this until you find someone whose previous comments appear on the profile card. Or you can choose a different video too.
These are very simple steps that you can follow to check out the comment history of any YouTube user.
However, this service is still only available on Android (after almost a year after its launch). And you can’t exactly see someone’s entire comment history (only the ones from a particular channel that you’re on).
It is unlikely that YouTube will ever launch the ability for anybody to check out anyone else’s history as you can do yours. It still has to respect user privacy and maintain a balance between what is private and what is public.
Check out some of our other awesome articles:
- Fixing YouTube audio when it’s out of sync
- Removing sound from YouTube videos
- How can I re-upload a YouTube video?
- How to get in touch with someone on YouTube
- How to watch a YouTube video frame by frame
- Combining videos on YouTube
- How can I enable long videos on YouTube?
- How much time does it take to upload a video to YouTube?
- How can I embed a YouTube video in Gmail?
- Where can I find my YouTube uploaded videos?
- Fixing audio renderer error on YouTube
- Listening to YouTube with the screen off
- How much storage do you get in YouTube
- How to save YouTube videos to iPhone
- Best YouTube downloaders for Android
- How to download a video from YouTube to a computer