Throughout this article, you’ll get to know how to get a custom YouTube URL or change a YouTube channel URL. YouTube is one of the best platforms for people to produce content and make a name for themselves.
If you are trying to establish your own identity on YouTube, you should do everything to make sure people can recognize you easily. This is one of the pillars of good branding.
It may apply to your brand logo, banner image, intro, etc. However, there is one more thing you can do to make a subtle yet powerful branding move.
You can get a custom YouTube URL for your channel. If you didn’t already know, YouTube assigns a URL with random alphabets and numbers by default.
However, once you are eligible to get a custom URL, you can change it to your channel name, brand name, personal name, or anything else you want.
This will give your fans a more memorable web address. So, let’s first take a look at what makes you eligible before heading to the steps to change the URL.
Table of Contents
- How to get or change a custom YouTube URL
- Wrap Up
How to get or change a custom YouTube URL
How to change YouTube URL – are you eligible?
You can make that determination with the following checklist:
- You will need to have 100 or more subscribers;
- Your channel needs to be at least 30 days old;
- You need to have a channel art;
- A channel icon is required.
If you check all the above criteria, you will be eligible for a custom YouTube URL. You will be notified of it on YouTube, and even receive a notification email.
Now let’s take a look at how to get your YouTube URL.
Steps to get a YouTube custom URL
- To start, you have to sign in to your YouTube account. If you are already signed in, proceed to the next step;
- Now, click on your profile picture at the top right of the screen. A drop-down menu will pop up;
- Click on “Settings”;
- The settings page will open up where you will find a lot of options. On the left sidebar, click on “Advanced Settings”;
- If you are eligible for a custom URL, you will see a link next to “You’re eligible for a custom URL“. Click on it;
- A “Get a custom URL” box will be shown. In it, you’ll see the custom URLs that you have been approved to use. Please note that you cannot change the part in the gray box. But you will be able to change the rest of it to make the link unique to your brand or your name;
- Now, you will be asked to confirm the custom URL. Make sure the URL is exactly how you want it, and then click “Confirm choice”. Please note that you won’t be able to edit your custom YouTube URL in the future. If you want a different one, you will have to delete the current one first. So, make sure you really check your custom URL before confirming it;
- Once you customize your YouTube URL, users will see your unique address in the browser’s bar. This will make your channel more recognizable and memorable.
Knowing how to get a custom YouTube URL is overly useful. If you are a YouTuber or trying to grow as one, having a custom URL will leave an image of a more professional and grown-up channel.
It also makes it more easily recognizable and gives it more character and credit.
Check out some of our other awesome articles:
- How can I watch deleted YouTube videos with URL
- Best YouTube music to MP3 converters
- How to see other user’s comments on YouTube
- Fixing YouTube audio when it’s out of sync
- Removing sound from YouTube videos
- How can I re-upload a YouTube video?
- How to get in touch with someone on YouTube
- How to watch a YouTube video frame by frame
- Combining videos on YouTube
- How can I enable long videos on YouTube?
- How much time does it take to upload a video to YouTube?
- How can I embed a YouTube video in Gmail?
- Where can I find my YouTube uploaded videos?
- Fixing audio renderer error on YouTube
- Listening to YouTube with the screen off
- How much storage do you get in YouTube
- How to save YouTube videos to iPhone
- Best YouTube downloaders for Android
- How to download a video from YouTube to a computer