In this informational article, we’ll give you an in-depth explanation of how to turn off YouTube notifications on Windows 10.
Be it your mobile phone, tablet, PC, or some other handheld device; notifications are available for all apps, websites, contacts, etc. As the notifications ceaselessly appear on your screens, a lot of times they become a distraction and an annoyance, especially during study or work.
Turning off notifications can bring you some peace of mind during your busy hours, and in this article, we will teach you how to disable them.
YouTube is the most famous video platform and the second most popular social media globally. Being among the most widely used platforms, YouTube is the biggest video-sharing structure in the world with 2 billion monthly active users worldwide.
If you are an active YouTube user, you may have subscribed to different channels based on your interests. You can either switch off notifications for specific apps or disable them for all.
Let’s look at different ways to deactivate YouTube notifications on your computer.
How to turn off YouTube notifications on Windows 10
Disabling notifications is fairly easy. Please follow the steps described below to shut off all notifications on Windows 10 in general:
- Navigate to “Settings” in your Windows 10 by searching for “Settings” in the Start Menu;
- Click “System” to reveal different settings;
- Click “Notifications & actions”;
- Under “Notifications” on the right side, turn off the switch that says “Get notifications from apps and other senders” to switch off all notifications in your Windows 10;
- Now all notifications from apps and other sources are disabled, as can be seen from the image.
Please note that the method described above is generalized for all software and other system notifications. It won’t just disable YouTube notifications. However, you can use some browser settings to switch off YouTube notifications in particular.
Turning off YouTube notifications in the Google Chrome browser
This method is targeted for turning off YouTube notifications in Windows 10. Please note that this particular procedure works for any browser of your choice. However, for this article, we have considered the Google Chrome browser as it is the most used.
Please follow the steps below to turn off YouTube notifications in Windows 10, using Google Chrome browser:
- Navigate to www.youtube.com and click on your account or channel name;
- Go to “Settings”;
- Click “Notifications” on the left side;
- Go to “Desktop notifications” and switch off the option that says “Get notifications in this browser”;
- You have now disabled YouTube notifications on your Windows 10 PC.
Notifications from different apps have become very common on our devices these days. We like to stay connected to get the latest updates, as from subscribed websites or channels, or our contacts.
However, those notifications can distract us from our work or study, and at times it is better to put them to sleep.
In this article, we have taught you how to turn off YouTube notifications Windows 10. You can use the settings we talked about in the article and apply them to any browser of your choice to deactivate the notifications on your Windows 10 computer.