In this article, we’ll be focusing on how to double space in Google Docs. “Docs” is a free software by Google that allows you to create and edit articles online.
If you are a Microsoft Word user, you will find yourself right at home while using Google Docs, as there are many similarities between the two word processors in navigation and usage.
Using specific tools in Google Docs can make your work more presentable and professional. A nicely formatted article does not only look aesthetically pleasing, but it also reads well.
Throughout this article, we will teach you how to double space on Google Docs. This easy-to-use and effective method will provide your text with a refined touch. It will also make it easier for your audience to read it. Doesn’t matter how good your content is. If it is not pleasant for the eyes, it won’t work.
So, let’s discover some ways to double-space your text in Google Docs.
How to double space in Google Docs
Using the toolbar at the top
By default, Google Docs formats your text for a line spacing of 1.15. If you want to make it double-spaced, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to the text that you want to double space and highlight it;
- Click the line spacing icon located on the toolbar;
- Now you’ll be prompted with different options;
- Select “Double” from the menu;
- You can see that your text is now double-spaced.
You can also adjust your document’s line spacing using the menu bar in Google Docs. To double space in Google Docs using the menu bar, please follow the steps mentioned below:
- Select the text that you want to double space;
- Move your mouse cursor to the menu bar and choose “Format”;
- You will find numerous options;
- Go to “Line spacing” and select “Double”;
- The text you selected has now double spacing.
Double space using the Google Docs mobile app
- Open your document using the Google Docs mobile app;
- Tap the pencil at the bottom-right of the screen to edit it;
- Long press on the screen and move your finger to select the text;
- Tap the “A” with bars at the top as shown in the image;
- You will see different options. Tap “Paragraph” at the bottom right;
- Increase the “Line spacing” by using the arrows and set the value to “2”;
- Now the paragraph is double-spaced.
Google Docs is a fabulous word processor that allows you to edit and create documents like the famous Microsoft Word. The best thing about it is that it is entirely free to use, and also very user-friendly. This article reviewed different methods to double space Google Docs.
The ways to accomplish this are slightly different for mobile and desktop versions. We hope our article got everything clear so that you can now employ the techniques mentioned to create professional-looking and legible documents.