How to delete a page in Google Docs? Google Docs is one of the most popular word processing platforms. It works quite similarly to Microsoft Word; however, unlike MS Word, it is entirely free to use.
While both programs share a lot of standard functionalities, there are some key differences as well.
When working with any software, we may encounter some issues, and it is not different when we are talking about Google Docs.
Sometimes while working on a document, you may get some unwanted page(s) and would like to remove them once your document is complete.
If the page that you want to remove is present at the end of the paper, it is easy to delete it without disturbing the document format.
In case the unwanted page is in the middle of the document, deleting it might ruin the formatting of the paper.
In this article, you’ll get to know how to get rid of a blank page in Google Docs, the right way!
The example images used in this article feature an excerpt of a book summary on “The 5 Love Languages” by Gary D. Chapman. You can find the complete book summary at samuelthomasdavies.com.
Table of Contents
- How to delete a page in Google Docs
- Wrap Up
How to delete a page in Google Docs
To delete an unwanted page in Google Docs, follow one of the below methods, according to the situation you are facing:
Deletion by selection
- Move the mouse cursor to the beginning of the page that you wish to delete;
- Hold the left-click button of your mouse and scroll down to the end of the page;
- Press the Backspace key or Delete button to delete page in Google Docs.
Identify and remove unwanted page breaks
At times, while working on a document, some unwanted page breaks appear by accident. To delete the unwanted page breaks, place your mouse cursor right after the blank space.
After that, press the Delete key or Backspace until the page break disappears.
Deleting a blank page at the end of the document
- Once we have completed a document, pressing the enter key after the last page ends will create a blank page at the end. But, how to delete a blank page in Google Docs?;
- To delete a page in Google Docs at the end of the document, move your cursor to after the end of the last sentence;
- Press and hold the Delete key to delete the extra page.
Removing a blank page in the middle of a document
- Deleting a blank page in the middle of a document in Google Docs is similar to the Deletion by the Selection method;
- Hold down the left-click button of your mouse and select the blank page completely, as shown in the image below;
- Press the Delete key to delete the blank page from the middle of the document in Google Docs.
Google Docs is a great word processing utility that is entirely free to use. For the most part, Google Docs works similarly to Microsoft Word, its counterpart from Microsoft.
There are slight differences between the two applications, though. The existence of an unwanted or blank page in your beautifully-formatted document can be very annoying.
This article provides some user-friendly and easy-to-understand methods on how to delete extra pages in Google Docs.
Check out some of our other awesome articles:
- How to use Google Docs real-time chat
- How can I insert shapes in Google Docs?
- Google Drive and Google Docs: what is the difference?
- How to delete Google Drive contents
- Moving photos from Google Photos to Google drive and vice-versa
- Transfer Google Photos to a new account
- How to change the location of Google Drive folder
- Cloud storage: The best alternatives to Google Drive
- How can I change my Google business address
- How to download photos and albums from Google Photos
- Differences between Gmail and a Google Account
- Recover permanently deleted photos from Google Photos and Drive
- Google Docs ownership – How to transfer?
- Can I still get 100GB free on Google Drive?
- Editing photos with Google Drive
- Google Photos vs Google Drive