This article will focus on how to print Google Doc with comments. Google Docs is an online application used by millions around the globe. It is one of the most popular document editors rivaling Microsoft Word. One of the best and most attractive benefits about it is that it is completely free.
And, since it is a web-based application, you can use it from anywhere you want without any restrictions whatsoever. You can imagine then why it’s so popular.
One feature that people use a lot on Google Docs, especially when collaborating with others on the same file, is the ability to make comments. A comment is a piece of text that appears to the side of a paragraph within a document.
It is useful in making remarks or suggestions so all the parties working on the same document are aware of them. Also, sometimes, these documents may need to be printed. In cases like these, it would be extremely useful if the comments could be printed as well.
How to print Google Doc with comments
Fortunately, you can print a Google Doc with comments. There are basically two ways you can do this. Let’s take a look at each.
By downloading it as a Word document
This method involves downloading your Google Doc file as a Microsoft Word document. Then, you simply print this Word document as you would any other Word file. Let’s take a look at the steps involved in this.
- If you are on your Google Doc document with comments, click on “File” toward the upper left-hand corner of your screen. A drop-down menu will appear;
- On this drop-down menu, click “Download”. Another drop-down menu will appear to the side.
- Now, click on “Microsoft Word (.docx)”. This will download your Google Doc file to your computer with all the comments intact;
- On your computer, locate the file and open it. It will most likely be in your “Downloads” folder;
- Once the file is open, press the “Ctrl + P” keys. If you are using macOS, then you need to press the “Cmd + P” keys. This will bring up the print screen, where you can see on the print preview how your document will look when printed. You will be able to see the comments as well;
- Click on “Print” and your document will be printed with comments.
Use a browser extension
The second option is to use a browser extension. If you are using Google Chrome, you can use an extension named “Print Google Doc with Comments”. Let’s take a look at the steps involved in this method:
- Open your browser and access Google.com;
- Type “Chrome web store” and hit enter;
- Click on the first search result. It will have the URL, “chrome.google.com/webstore”. You will be forwarded to the Chrome web store;
- On the left side of the screen, you will find a small search bar. There, type “Print Google Doc with Comments” and hit enter;
- The extension that we need will appear at the top of the list. Click it;
- Next, click on the “Add to Chrome” button. This will add this extension to your Google Chrome web browser;
- Now, open up your Google Doc document with comments that you want to print;
- Then, click on the extension that we just added to the browser;
- This will open up a print window within the browser. On the print preview, you can see that the comments will be there when you print this document.
- In the “Destination” field, make sure the name of your printer appears. Then click on “Print”.
Google Docs is indeed a great platform that you can use to write your documents. Since it is a web-based application, it is extremely easy to use. Its “commenting” feature allows you to annotate or insert suggestions for any piece of text within the document.
This can be useful in several scenarios. Usually, when people are collaborating on the same document, they tend to use this feature more.
Sometimes, you might also want to print your Google Doc document with the comments still intact. There are two ways you can do this. The first way involves download the document as a Word file and then printing it from there.
The second option involves installing a web browser extension that allows you to print your document with comments within your browser.