If you’ve been questioning if you should get Windows 11 download and install it, this article will give you the relevant information in that matter.
From Windows 11 release date to the key features of this new Windows version and how to download and install it for free – this article features every detail you should know about this latest operating system.
Since the release of Windows 10 version in 2015, Microsoft has finally hinted towards the launch of a new Windows version this year. Microsoft broke this news on June 2 with an invitation to a live event named “What’s next for Windows” marked on 06-24-2021 at 11 a.m. ET.
The invitation also features a new Windows logo, indicating the new version will be completely different from the previous ones. And, honestly, this is the most exciting news of 2021 so far.
Windows 11 download and install
Release date and pricing
A was leaked on a Chinese website on June, 15. At first, only the screenshots were shared, but later the complete operating system ISO files were also leaked on the internet. The screenshots of the version look promising, and we can expect this update to be the finest Windows version ever released.
As of this writing, we only have some information about this . However, it has been announced that Windows 11 is likely to release by the end of this year and will be available as a for existing .
What’s new in Windows 11?
Windows 11 displays a minimalistic look. The leaked build shows some significant UI changes and new additions. Below, we have listed some of the key changes you will see in the latest Microsoft Windows 11 version:
- Default icons like the Start button, Internet Explorer hold a central position on Windows desktop;
- Fresh new Start Menu that shows recommended and pinned apps;
- New system sound and sound options;
- A brilliant dark mode to reduce eye strain;
- Easy accessibility with added touch gestures;
- A drastic change in Animations. From opening an app to minimizing it, every animation differs from the previous ones;
- Colorful File Explorer icons.
Since it’s an unofficial release, we believe that plenty of features are missing in this leaked version. However, this tiny release shows something cool things are coming toward Windows users.
How to download and install Windows 11?
Now that you know every and waiting you in Windows 11, it’s time to unveil the best method to and the latest Windows version on your PC.
Note: Before you begin with the installation process, remember that the ISO file given below doesn’t come from Microsoft. Since it is the leaked Windows 11 ISO file, it could be malware and possibly corrupt your system.
Also, as it’s an unofficial release, it might not contain all the features mentioned earlier in the post. So, please download this Windows 11 update at your own risk.
We do not recommend downloading this Windows 11 ISO file on your system. We encourage you to wait for the official download link from Microsoft.
However, if you have made your mind to try out this new version before any of your friends, then back up all important data before starting with the download.
Since the leaked Windows 11 beta version is a 64-bit ISO image, you won’t be able to get it on a 32-bit operating system. To check your system specifications, you can go to Settings > System > About > System type.
As for , if your system is using a 64-bit processor, you are ready to and Windows 11 using the following method:
- Download the Windows 11 ISO file using any of the following download links:
- Get a bootable USB drive (having a minimum of 16 GB space), so you can transfer the downloaded file into it.
Follow these steps to create a bootable drive with Rufus:
- Download and launch the “Rufus” app on your PC;
- Select the previously downloaded “Windows 11 ISO file” and then choose your connected USB drive;
- Finally, click on the “Start” button to flash Windows 11 into your USB drive.
Once you have created a bootable pen drive, it’s time to proceed with the on your .
- Connect the bootable pen drive to the device where you want to install Windows 11;
- Restart your device and press the Bios key (F1, F2, Esc, Delete, depending on your computer.) until you enter the boot screen;
- Select the “USB drive” option under the “Boot device options” and hit “Enter”;
- Now, the Windows Setup window will appear on the screen. Select your preferences and click on the “Next” button;
- Then, click “Install now”;
- On the “Activate Windows” page, click the “I don’t have a product key” option at the bottom of the page;
- After that, tap on the “Custom” option on the next page;
- Now, choose the partition where you want to install Windows 11 and click “Next” to begin the installation process;
- Wait until your PC restarts after installing the Windows 11 updates;
- After your PC restarts, follow the instructions on your computer screen to complete the Windows 11 download setup;
- That’s it! You have successfully installed Windows 11 on your or desktop computer.
Upgrading to Windows 11 would mean getting a completely new interface with new additions and a refreshed design. If you are a Windows 10 user, you can easily upgrade to Windows 11 for free by following the above method.
However, it’s a safer move to wait for the official Windows release by and it through . This would keep your computer free from malware, and you would get new features in a single without risking your PC.
In short, there is nothing to lose when upgrading to Windows 11 version, so you should try out the new operating system. You can also enable virtualization on your system and download Windows 11 on a virtual machine to test the brand new OS, or you could just wait for this operating system to officially release. The choice is yours!