In this article, we will explain how to enable or disable Airplane mode on Windows 10. As you may already know, communication may interfere with a plane’s navigation system.
This is why we are advised to turn off all electronic devices or put them in Airplane Mode when flying.
However, during a long flight, you might want to work on your computer. To do so, you need to turn on the Airplane Mode.
Nevertheless, a flight is not the only reason compelling you to turn on the Airplane Mode on your laptop.
You may just want to work with no distractions and without your computer being connected to a network. That can be a local area network or the Internet.
If the Airplane Mode is enabled, the computer won’t connect to any network.
There are different ways through which you can toggle this useful feature on your computer.
In this article, we will teach you how to turn off Airplane Mode on Windows 10 and how to turn it on too.
Table of Contents
- How to enable or disable Airplane mode on Windows 10
- Wrap Up
How to enable or disable Airplane mode on Windows 10
Using the network icon on your computer
The quickest and most straightforward method for toggling the Airplane mode on or off is by using the network icon on your Windows taskbar.
Perform the following steps to turn Airplane mode on or off in Windows 10:
- Navigate to the bottom-right area of your screen where you’ll find the computer network icon;
- Upon clicking the network icon, you will see different available networks along with your computer’s current network. Click on the “Flight mode” option to turn on the Airplane mode;
- As you can see, the flight mode is now activated, and as a result, your computer is not connected to any network;
- If you want to disable Airplane mode, navigate to the airplane icon located on the bottom right part of your screen as stated in the first step;
- Click the icon and then the “Flight mode” option to turn the Airplane mode off;
- Now you have successfully disabled the flight mode. Your computer will directly connect to an available network.
Accessing the Windows 10 settings
The search bar is a convenient tool that you can use to search for different applications on your computer. It is also useful to easily turn the Airplane mode on or off in Windows 10.
Take a look at the procedure described below:
- Left-click the search bar situated at the bottom-left side of your computer screen;
- There you will find different options. You can now either search for “Settings” or click the “Settings” icon at the top-left to launch the Windows 10 settings;
- You will now see different kinds of computer settings. Click on “Network & Internet”;
- Now, settings related to the network will pop up On the left side of your screen, move your cursor to “Flight mode” and left-click the icon;
- You will see that the Airplane or Flight mode is turned off. You can toggle the Airplane mode on by left-clicking the “Off” button;
- You can now observe that as you turned the Airplane mode on, the Wi-Fi button automatically switched off. You will also notice an airplane icon on the bottom-right of your screen instead of the usual network icon;
- If you want to turn the Airplane mode off again, you can follow the first fifth steps and toggle switch off by left-clicking the “on” button;
- As you turned the Airplane mode off, the Wi-Fi switch automatically turned on;
- You have now successfully turned off the Airplane mode. Your computer is again connected to the network. You can observe it on the bottom-right screen of your computer
Using the notification panel in Windows 10
This is maybe the simplest way to do it. The notification panel in Windows 10 shows you different notifications regarding processes and apps, much akin to your smartphone.
You can utilize the notification panel in Windows 10 to turn the Airplane mode on or off.
Perform the following steps to toggle the flight mode switch in Windows 10:
- Left-click the notification panel at the extreme bottom-right of your computer screen;
- You will see all the different notifications you have, along with different options as shown in the image;
- Click the “Flight mode” button to turn the Airplane mode on. When you are done, you can click it again to turn it off.
Microsoft has always been trying to make Windows as user-friendly as possible, and Windows 10 is no exception as it offers different options to make your work more comfortable and efficient.
The Airplane mode switch is an essential tool that lets you control your computer’s communication with different networks.
It works similarly to the Flight mode switch in your handheld device by enabling you to disconnect or connect your computer to other networks.
Check out some of our other awesome articles:
- How to run programs as administrator in Windows 10?
- Problems with Photos app in Windows 10 – How to fix?
- Where is the Windows dump file located?
- Windows 10 Recycle Bin location
- How to hide the Recycle Bin icon
- Emptying the Recycle Bin on Windows 7, 8, and 10
- Changing the Recycle Bin icon on Windows
- Taking screenshots of videos (YouTube and others)
- Changing the screenshot destination on Windows 10
- Tips on how to use the Windows 10 Snipping Tool shortcuts
- Taking screenshots without using the PrtScr Key
- How to take screenshots of just one screen in a 2-monitor setup
- Using the Snipping Tool in Windows 10
- Taking screenshots in Windows 7 without the Snipping Tool
- How to screenshot entire pages in Google Chrome