In this article, we’ll be focusing on processes for saving tabs in Chrome. Today all our lives revolve around the Internet. Whether it is a work presentation or academic assignment, the Internet is our go-to friend after software programs.
We have many sources and mediums to store data on our computers, but what if we want to save web pages?
We often have situations when we want to save a single or set of open tabs so we may not lose and open them again.
We all have been through it, and we face it daily. But what are the sustainable and accessible methods to store open tabs or pages?
Is there anything other than bookmarking every single page separately? Well, there definitely is.
In this article, we are going to tell one cool feature on how you can save and manage Chrome tabs. We’ll get right into it without further ado.
Table of Contents
- Saving tabs in Chrome explained
- Extensions to save multiple tabs in Google Chrome browser
- Wrap Up
Saving tabs in Chrome explained
Saving multiple bookmarks using bookmark integrated (tab group) option
We all know that the easiest and most common feature to save a web page is to bookmark it. But what if we want to bookmark a set of tab windows?
Supposing that we have researched through multiple pages and bookmarked all open tabs? There comes the bookmark integrated or tab groups feature for Chrome.
This feature basically allows you to group tabs in a single folder. This is what you need to do:
- Open Chrome browser and in the Google Chrome window, click on the three dots settings button in the top right corner next to the navigation bar;
- Click on “Bookmarks” from the drop-down menu;
- The bookmarks option expands on your left. Click on “Show bookmarks bar” if there is no tick sign to turn it on;
- After turning it on, right-click on any empty area on the tab bar above the navigation bar;
- A drop-down Chrome menu appears. Click on “Bookmark all tabs”. You can also use the keyboard shortcut “Ctrl + Shift + D”;
- A new window opens with all your existing bookmark folders. Then, it shows a name bar to put a name for your new bookmark folder;
- Simply put the name of the folder in the name bar and click on “Save“.
Note: The integrated bookmark feature or tab group works well for Google Chrome in all Windows computers, Google Chromebooks, and Mac devices.
If you want to add a new tab to any existing bookmark folder, simply click on the Bookmark icon.
Select “Add bookmark” from the drop-down menu. A new dialogue box opens with the name bar and folder name. Chrome allows you to change the name and folder as per your requirement.
Managing bookmark folder through bookmark manager
Now that you have successfully saved your multiple tab webpages through the tab group feature, it is time to move ahead. First, you need the bookmark manager to access and manage these saved web pages in chrome.
To navigate to bookmark manager:
- In the Chrome window, click on the “three dots settings” button at the end of the navigation bar;
- Click on the “Bookmarks” option from the drop-down menu;
- The bookmarks option expands on the left side. Click on “Bookmarks manage” below to show the bookmarks bar. You can also use the “Ctrl + shift + O” keyboard shortcut.
A new tab opens in your Chrome window displaying all your bookmark folders in the left window open.
The right window pane displays a list of all bookmarked webpages as separate entities. You can now easily access and open the entire folder by right-clicking on the folder name and opening them in a new window or tab.
You can also simply scroll down in the right window pane to open a specific bookmarked webpage. To learn more about opening multiple tab windows or a bookmark folder at once in Chrome, check our article.
Extensions to save multiple tabs in Google Chrome browser
If you find bookmarking a little difficult or space consuming method, you can opt for a browser extension.
Yes, the Google Chrome browser supports extensions exclusively for tab management. There are multiple extensions available in the Chrome store and online, but we recommend you the Better-One tab.
After installing the extension in your Chrome browser, simply right-click on the extension icon in the extension bar. It allows you to store and manage background tabs in your Google Chrome in various ways.
For example, you can keep the selected tabs left or right from the selected tab and all active tabs.
The tab list window has a user-friendly interface. You can drag-drop browser tab windows to arrange them in a different folder and even pin them for an effective organization.
Other Chrome extension recommendations include Tabzen, Toby for Chrome, and Session Buddy.
Now that you know how you can save and manage tab windows in the Chrome web browser, you’ll have your life easier when working or just when having some time for yourself.
Check out some of our other awesome articles:
- How to display file extensions in Windows 10?
- Disabling touchscreen on a Windows 10 computer
- Creating a restore point in Windows 10. How to do it?
- How to protect a folder with a password in Windows 10?
- Remove a Microsoft account from Windows 10: how to do it?
- Changing the DNS in Windows 10
- How can I flush DNS in Windows 10?