How to merge Google Photos accounts? It’s common for people these days to have multiple Google accounts. Generally, they keep their work (or school) account separate from their personal account. In the regular, day to day use, you might end up putting some of your content on one account and some on the second one. This is usually common in the case of photos.
Since Google allows 15 GB of original quality photos and an unlimited amount of high-quality images to be uploaded to your account, Google Photos has become a favorite for many. This is further helped by the fact that not many people have phones that can store a huge amount of photos and so, cloud storage becomes a natural option.
However, it can be a pain to manage your photos across different accounts. Fortunately, there is a way to merge your Google Photos accounts. If you need to do the same, simply follow this article.
How to merge Google Photos accounts
Let’s say you have two Google accounts and have photos on both of these accounts. But, you now decided you want to use only one of these as your primary (or main) account to store your pictures. You also want to bring over all the photos from the other (old) account to your primary one.
The best way to do this is to transfer all the photos from the second account to your primary account using the “partner account” feature.
Let’s take a look at how you can do this the easier way:
- Log in to your old Google account. The best way to do this is to access Google.com and sign in from there;
- Click on the grid icon next to the words “Gmail Images”. A list of apps will open up;
- Find “Photos” and click on it;
- Google Photos will open up now;
- Click on the “Settings” icon towards the top right of the screen. This will open up the settings page;
- In the settings page, find and click on “Partner Sharing”;
- A small window will appear with the title “Share your photos”. Click the “Get started” button;
- A new “Select Partner” window will open. There, enter the email address of your primary account (the account which you want to use from now on). Then click “Next”;
- A new “Choose settings” window will open up. In this window, select the “All photos” option. Also, make sure that the “Only show photos since this day” option is turned off by default. Then click “Next”;
- A new “Confirm” window will open. Click on “Send Invitation”. You might need to enter your password to send the invitation;
- Now, log out of this Google account;
- Then, go to mail.google.com and sign in with your primary account (the main one that you want to be used in the future);
- You will see a new invitation email from Google Photos. Click it;
- In the email, click on “Open Google Photos”;
- A new tab will open up in your browser. Click “Accept”;
- Now all of the photos of your previous account will be shown in this tab;
- Click the “Turn on autosave” option. A new window will appear. Make sure “All photos” is selected and click “Done”.
- Now, all of your photos from the old account will be saved to your new one. This might take some time depending upon the number of photos and their size.
This is a handy way to merge Google Photos accounts. Even if your old account got deleted or you lose access to it, you will still be able to view and use all the photos from that account.
So, you finally have all your photos in one place and this is bound to bring more simplicity to your life.