Most people use Google Drive to store their documents, images, and videos. However, it is much more than just great cloud-based storage and syncing service. Do you know how to edit photos in Google Drive? Learn now.
Google Drive is impressive in most of the key areas you are expecting a cloud storage service to provide and offers a lot more than that. And more, the ease of use is present in every single task you need it to perform!
But can Google Drive be used to edit photos? Yes! Not many users know that it actually allows you to edit their photos too.
If you’re looking to make some quick and simple edits, like adding a background or an effect, it will surely come in handy. In this article, we’re going through how you can do it.
Table of Contents
How to edit photos in Google Drive
Editing photos using Google Drive is simple and easy. It lets you do some basic editing without installing any third-party editing apps. A great feature when you’re in a hurry or if you’re not so much into technology and you just want to make it simple.
Below are the steps that will show you how to edit photos in Google Drive.
- Start by logging in to your Google account. You can do this in a varied number of ways. The easiest one is to use Google search (by accessing www.google.com in your browser). Then click on the blue “Sign In” button on the top right corner of the screen and enter your email and password when prompted;
- As soon as you’re logged into your account, click on the icon next to the words “Gmail” and “Images”. It will look like a small, grid-like icon;
- Now, a list of Google apps will open up. Find “Drive” in this list, and click on it. It will open up Google Drive;
- Next, click on the “New” button at the top left of the window. A drop-down menu will appear;
- Click “More” at the bottom of the drop-down menu. Another drop-down menu will appear to the side;
- Click on “Google Drawings” on this second drop-down menu. This will open up a new tab with Google Drawings;
- This new window is the area where you can now edit your photos. To begin, you can click on “Insert”, then “Image” and then choose an option that suits your situation the best. If the image is on your computer, click on “Upload from computer”. You can also search the web for images right from this window;
- There are many editing options available here. You can click on “Insert” to add text boxes, lines, shapes, or another image on top of your primary image. These are the basic options;
- For more options, click on the image. This will present additional editing options. You will find that you can add a border, change the border weight, mask images with different shapes, undo editing, and more.
- Finally, you’ll find “Format options” that give you the ability to change the size and rotation angle of the image, re-color, change transparency, brightness, and contrast, and also add drop shadow and reflection.
Although all of these constitute basic editing, it can be quite useful when you need to use the web to quickly edit your photos.
This can be helpful in situations where only minor edits need to be made to your images and you’re using someone else’s computer that doesn’t have dedicated editing software installed.
The ability to search for images on the web and edit them right from the same window can also come in handy in a lot of situations. This is why Google apps are some of the most popular apps used on the planet.
Check out some of our other awesome articles: