If you’ve been wondering how to get iPhone text messages on Windows 10, you got to the right place as we’ll be discussing that throughout this article.
When it comes to innovation, Apple Inc. is one of the biggest names.
Apple completely revolutionized text messages forever by introducing iMessage with iOS 5 in 2012.
Sometimes while working, checking your text messages on your iPhone can be a big hassle.
It is not easy to leave your computer screen every time you hear a notification.
The problem becomes a more significant issue when your iPhone is away from your desk or on charge.
A great solution to avoiding such interruptions is to view the text messages from your iPhone directly on your computer.
With the iPhone being very different from an Android phone, there is no way to use the native apps to get your iPhone text messages on Windows 10.
Although there have been rumors that Apple Inc. is developing an iMessage app for Windows and Android. However, to date, there has been no official launch.
Thankfully, there are a lot of third-party apps to help you out. Indeed, you must know that using third-party apps allows them to read your information by providing them access.
Table of Contents
- How to get iPhone text messages on Windows 10
- Wrap up
In this article, Turbo Gadget Reviews teaches you how can get iPhone text messages on your Windows 10 computer. If you are a person that texts a lot, you will be able to save your valuable texts from your iPhone to your computer after reading the article.
So, if you are an iPhone user working on a computer running Windows 10 and want to get the texts from your iPhone, we’ve got you covered.
How to get iPhone text messages on Windows 10
Receive and send iPhone text messages on a Windows 10 Computer
Unfortunately, there aren’t many ways to receive and send iPhone text messages directly on your computer. However, there is a third-party app called “Pushbullet” that you can use to send and receive iPhone messages on your PC.
Download the software from the official link for your computer: https://www.pushbullet.com/
You equally need to install Pushbullet in your iPhone to get it to work.
Another fantastic feature of this app is that it not only allows installation on Android, Firefox, and Chrome. In addition, you can add the extension to your preferred browser to send and receive iPhone messages seamlessly through Pushbullet.
Follow the link provided below to add Pushbullet to your Google Chrome and receive iPhone messages on your Windows PC:
Once you complete the installation, you need to sign in with either Facebook or Google and follow the instructions to set up Pushbullet.
Besides helping you out with your iPhone text messages, the app also informs you of all your notifications.
Get iPhone text messages on the computer
If you want to transfer or copy text messages from your iPhone to your computer, you can use a software called “EaseUS MobiMover“.
EaseUS MobiMover will not only transfer your iPhone messages to a Windows PC, but it will also allow you to transfer other iPhone data. For example, you can easily copy videos, pictures, contacts, ringtones, texts, and music from your iPhone to your Windows PC.
While the software enables data transfer from your iPhone to your computer, it also allows you to copy data from one iPhone to another. EaseUS MobiMover supports the data transfer between other iOS devices, such as the iPad and iPod Touch, along with iPhone.
You can download the software from the link provided below:
- Once you install and launch EaseUs MobiMover, connect your iPhone to your computer and tell your iPhone to ‘trust’ it;
- Next, move to “Browse & Transfer” and head over to “Messages” in your software;
- Depending on the number of text messages you have on your iPhone, the process will take some time. Afterward, select the messages you want to move to your computer. Next, click “Export to PC” to copy the selected iPhone messages to your computer.
Note: This process will move your conversations as an HTML file, so you will require a web browser (Chrome/Safari/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Opera) to view your text messages on the computer.
Get iPhone messages to a computer using the email
This method is a straightforward and effective way to view iPhone text messages and back up your texts from your iPhone to your computer.
However, this method is slower, and we don’t recommend using it if you have a lot of text conversations that you want to back up.
If you have just a few text messages on your iPhone to copy to your computer, please perform the following steps:
- Open the “Messages app” on your iPhone;
- Next, move to the conversation you want to copy from your iPhone from your phone app;
- Press and hold after selecting a text from the chain inside your messages phone app. You will see some options now;
- Touch “More” and then select all the messages in the conversation;
- Next, press the forward button in the bottom right of the screen, and a new message will open in the messages phone app;
- Afterward, type your email address in the address bar and then send the texts to your email.
You can now view the saved texts from your iPhone on your Windows 10 computer.
Text with Apple iMessage on your Windows 10 computer
Yes, you have read that right! You can even use iMessage on your Windows 10 computer through Chrome Remote Desktop. iMessages are similar to Google Messages for Android Phones, and they both offer similar features.
However, this method is unsuitable for most people because it requires a lengthy setup.
To avoid getting distracted from the text notifications on your iPhone while working on your computer, you can enable your PC to send and receive iMessages. That way, you will be able to send and receive iPhone texts directly through your computer.
The main requirements for this particular method include:
- An iPhone
- A macOS device
- A Windows 10 PC
Please perform the steps mentioned below to enable iMessage on your Windows 10 computer:
- First, turn on iCloud backup (the iPhone backup utility) for your messages. To do that, navigate to Settings>Apple ID>iCloud;
- Next, check that you have turned on the backup for Messages by checking the toggle switch;
- Now that you have enabled iCloud backup for your texts, you can move to your macOS device;
- Launch the Messages app and sign in using your Apple ID and password. Afterward, go to the menu and click “Messages” and then select “Preferences“;
- Select the iMessage tab and enable your account and “Messages in Cloud” as per your requirements;
- Afterward, input the email address and mobile phone number that you use for your iMessages and click the “Sync Now” button;
- After ensuring the settings are in order, download and install the Google Chrome browser on your macOS device. Next, download and add the “Chrome Remote Desktop” extension to your browser and launch it;
- After installing the Chrome Remote Desktop extension in your browser on your macOS device, install the same extension on your Windows 10 PC using the link below:
- Next, click “Add to Chrome” and add the extension to your chrome browser on your Windows PC and then turn on sync;
- Now, head over to your macOS device to run Chrome Remote Desktop and click “Share my screen“;
- Chrome will ask you to sign in to your Google Account, so input your credentials and log in;
- You also have the option of downloading and installing the Chrome Remote Desktop app on your computer. Then after you click “Share My Screen” on your macOS device, it will generate a code that you can use to access the device;
- Go to your Windows 10 PC and then click “Connect to another computer“. After inputting the access code, you will be able to access your macOS device freely.
You can now receive and send iMessages from your iPhone on your Windows computer.
Getting distracted from SMS message notifications, especially during work, is troublesome. This article taught different methods to get iPhone SMS text messages on Windows 10 using third-party software.
Some of the apps mentioned in the article offer iPhone data recovery and backup. So, by using such apps, you can not only transfer messages from your iPhone to your computer and back up your valuable iPhone data.
If you are an iPhone user, you can send text messages and receive them on your Windows 10 computer using the method described above.
You can even send and receive iMessages from your computer if you have an iPhone and a macOS device. However, that method has some limitations that you must consider before trying it out.
Check out some of our other awesome articles: