How to use 64 bit Java for Minecraft? This article will teach you how to make Minecraft 64 bit and everything you need to know about running it on Windows 10.
Gaming is fun, and we cannot deny the excitement of running a game smoothly and lag-free on our computer. Lagging or crashes ruin the experience, and as with all other video games, the same is the case with Minecraft. Running the 64-bit version is a better option, as explained in our article: Minecraft – Is it 32 or 64-bit?. You’ll find a link to that article at the bottom of the current article.
There are several benefits of running the Minecraft 64-bit version over the 32-bit version on your computer. The most important ones include lesser crashes, smoother gameplay experience, and faster rendering. Minecraft runs on the Java platform, and by default, the Java version installed is the 32-bit one.
Hence, 64-bit Java for Minecraft is a prerequisite you need to fulfill. This article will teach you in detail steps on how to get 64 bit Minecraft for your computer.
System requirements for running 64 bit Minecraft
To get started with the 64-bit version of Minecraft, it is better first to identify the system requirements to run the program. The minimum system requirements for running the 64-bit version of Minecraft are:
CPU: Intel Core i3 3210 / AMD A8 7600 APU or equivalent;
RAM: 4 GB RAM;
Storage: 180 MB to 1 GB of free space;
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000 or AMD Radeon R5 series / NVIDIA GeForce 400 series or AMD Radeon HD 7000 series;
OS: 64-bit Windows 7 or higher;
Screen Resolution: 1027 x 768 or better;
Network: Broadband Internet connection.
The recommended system requirements to the 64-bit version of Minecraft are:
CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 / AMD A10 7800 or higher;
RAM: 8 GB RAM;
Storage: 4 GB of free space;
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 700 series;
OS: 64-bit Windows 10;
Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 or better;
Network: Broadband Internet connection.
Software prerequisites for installing Minecraft 64 bit
Minecraft runs on Java, which is a programming language and platform. Oracle released the initial version of Java in 1995. The program has significantly grown since its initial launch, and now billions of computers and websites rely on Java worldwide.
Java is the framework that Minecraft uses to run, and by default, players have the 32-bit version of Java. Therefore, you must install and run 64-bit Java for Minecraft 64-bit edition.
How to download Minecraft 64 bit in Windows 10
How to get 64 bit Java for Minecraft? To proceed with the Minecraft 64 bit Java download is straightforward. Please ensure that you have a 64-bit version of Windows 10 installed on your computer.
To check it, right-click “This PC”, and click Properties. There you will be able to identify the version of Windows 10 in a similar image:
Follow the above steps to install 64-bit Java in your computer:
- Access the Start Menu and open your web browser;
- Go to www.java.com;
- Click on the red button that says “Java Download”;
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation;
- You may need to restart your browser for the changes to take place.
How to run 64 bit Minecraft in Windows 10?
Now you know how to get Minecraft 64 bit. To run the 64 bit Minecraft in Windows 10, carry out the following steps:
- After installing 64-bit Java, run Minecraft on your computer. Make sure it was not running before when you were installing the 64-bit Java;
- Go to “Launch options” in your game to set the Minecraft launcher 64 bit;
- After that, select the version of Minecraft you want to play;
- Go to JVM arguments next;
- Add “-d64” at the end;
- Now click Save and launch the game;
- To check if you are running the Minecraft Java 64 bit, click on Options>Video Settings;
- Set the Render Distance to “Far”;
- If no warning is showing, it means your computer is using 64 bit Java for Minecraft;
- If any warning appears, it means that Minecraft is not using the 64-bit Java. The “Far” render distance is not designed for the 32-bit version of Minecraft;
- Enjoy your Minecraft in Windows 10 in 64-bit!
Minecraft is a fantastic entertaining app and is widely considered as one of the best and most popular games in the world.
To get the best performance out of your Minecraft, you may need to install the 64-bit Minecraft in your Windows, and how to use 64 bit Java for Minecraft was what all our article was about.
Other related articles that may be interesting for you: