Google is the number one place to search for anything. And it has made it easy for businesses to have a strong online presence outside of their social media. Google My Business in conjunction with Google Maps, has made it possible for customers to search for a business on Google, and view its location and address. Find out how to change your business address in Google by reading this post.
With Google My Business, companies and businesses can verify their addresses with Google and get a spot on Google Maps so that customers and clients can easily locate them.
However, there are uncertainties with everything in life, and change is a constant thing. Thus, businesses may, at some point, relocate and change their address. But how does a business change its address on Google? Check out the information to make this change in our article.
Table of Contents
- How to change your business address in Google
- Can I remove my business from Google?
- Wrap Up
How to change your business address in Google
Save your customers the stress of visiting your old address because you failed to update it appropriately and on time when you moved. It does not portray your business conduct in a good light, and it very well can make you lose customers. If you have moved recently or you are planning a move, follow these steps:
If you don’t have a Google My Business account
- If you don’t have a Google My Business account, you need to register first;
- Visit https://www.google.com/business/ to create a listing for your business and verify it;
- Once you have created a listing for your business, you will be required to submit your business phone number, hours of operation, and website (if you have one). The process of verification from here is self-explanatory.
If you have already a Google My Business account and would like to change your address
- Log in to Google My Business with your Google account;
- Select your current location and click on “Manage Location”;
- At the top of the page, click on the “Info” button and then the pencil icon to edit the information;
- You will be able to make changes to your business address and other details that you submitted before, such as phone number and working hours;
- Click on “Apply”, and your new address will automatically be updated on the map;
- Click “Ok” once your address is updated. However, sometimes, the changes may not reflect immediately, and Google may take some time to process the change. Wait for a few days for the changes to take effect.
Can I remove my business from Google?
Yes, you can. Maybe the business has been shut down, and you do not want people to keep getting redirected to the listed address. You can remove a business address completely from Google.
Also, sometimes it could be the case that an inaccurate address is listed for the business and you want to remove it completely. Follow the steps below to do either of the two.
How to remove an accurate address from Google
- Sign in to Google My Business and navigate to the left where you can find the info section;
- Click on “Info”, and then on “Close or remove this listing”;
- Follow the on-screen prompts, and the address will be removed completely;
- You can select multiple locations from your account, and from the actions. Click on “Remove locations” to remove these locations.
How to remove an inaccurate address from Google
- Go to Google Maps and load the incorrect address;
- Click on “Suggest an Edit”;
- Select “Place is permanently closed or has never existed”;
- Provide a more specific reason and then click on “Submit”;
- Wait a few days for Google to verify this. You may get a call from a review staff member to ask further questions.
Changing your business address is an inevitable thing that must happen at least once. And it is important that you make the necessary changes on Google since businesses these days rely on traffic from the internet to get leads.
If you need to change your business address on Google, it makes sense to start early so that you can change the address at the same time your business is set to kick off at the new location.
You do not want a situation in which you have started operations at the new address, and customers are still being directed to the old one.
Google My Business is regularly updating the address change process, and the earlier you get it done, the better for you. We hope this article has been useful for you to learn how to change your business address on Google.
Check out some of our other awesome articles:
- How to download photos and albums from Google Photos
- Differences between Gmail and a Google Account
- Recover permanently deleted photos from Google Photos and Drive
- Google Docs ownership – How to transfer?
- Can I still get 100GB free on Google Drive?
- Editing photos with Google Drive
- Google Photos vs Google Drive