Your MacBook Pro comes equipped with a built-in camera. Webcams is the name by which they are commonly referred. If you’re a new Apple user, you might be in a situation where you didn’t know how to activate your camera. This guide will teach you how to enable camera on MacBook Pro in a few steps.
This camera’s main purpose is to allow you to make video calls. Although it’s not its main function, you could also use it to take photos or shoot videos.
Activate The Camera On Your MacBook Pro
To activate the camera, you need to open an app that uses the camera.
Here are a few quick steps that you can follow to active camera on your MacBook Pro:
- To enable camera on your Apple laptop, you need to select the Applications icon in the Dock at the bottom-right of your screen;
- You can either open Photo Booth or Facetime from Applications;
- You can also select any other Applications that you’ve downloaded from your Apple store that uses the camera;
- By the time you open PhotoBooth, FaceTime, or another app that uses the camera, the iSight Camera or Facetime Camera should automatically be activated;
- You’ll know it’s on and working if you see the green indicator light;
- You can now use the camera since it’s now enabled!
Hopefully, reading this article you can use your MacBook Pro’s camera.
By the way, here’s a curiosity; I mentioned iSight Camera and Facetime Camera and you might be wondering what is the difference. Let’s go over that really fast since it’s very easy.
iSight camera is the name of the webcams on older MacBooks. But not on newer MacBooks. In the newer models, the built-in camera is called a FaceTime camera. You can read more about them at daringfireball.net.
For more information, guides and product reviews, check out our other articles on Macbooks.