How to change font size in bookmarks toolbar Chrome? Let’s face it: Not all of us are lucky enough to be blessed with good eyesight. As a matter of fact, research has shown that the number of people who suffer from vision impairments is close to 2.2 billion.
With so many people facing eyesight problems, reading things on a computer screen also becomes a concern since the text can often-times be too small to read clearly. And, such is the case with Chrome’s bookmarks toolbar.
There’s no doubt that Google Chrome is the most user-friendly web browser out there right now. With that being said, you might have noticed that the text in its bookmarks toolbar isn’t really that large. In fact, if you suffer from some form of vision impairment, it could take you quite some time to distinguish between your saved bookmarks.
In case you also happen to be facing this problem, you’ve come across the right article. Today, we are going to be helping you change the font size in the Chrome bookmarks toolbar.
How to change font size in bookmarks toolbar Chrome
Before we begin, we’d first like to let you know that Google Chrome doesn’t offer any feature with which you can customize the bookmarks toolbar or change its font size, more specifically.
Accordingly, if you have trouble reading the text on your bookmarks or tabs, then you’d have to change the font size of your system. So, let’s cut to the chase and have a look at this procedure.
If you’re still using Windows 7 and have trouble reading text on the screen, then let’s see how you can optimize the font size to your liking. Following this procedure would help by increasing the font size not only for the Google Chrome bookmarks toolbar but also for other text that will be displayed on your computer.
- To start, the first step would be to open the Control Panel from your start menu;
- Once the Control Panel opens, you then have to click on “Appearance and Personalization” which will help you customize the user interface of your system;
- Now, under the Display option, you will find a sub-option saying “Make text and other items larger or smaller” which you need to select;
- With this, you should be taken to the next screen which will allow you to change the size of text and other items displayed by the system;
- As for the last step, you have to click the “Medium” button and hit Apply. The system will then ask you to log off your computer, so it can present you with 125% larger text once you login to your account again.
If you’re using a new operating system such as Windows 10, then the process of changing the system font size is even easier. Pay attention to the steps below:
- First of all, you have to open Settings by typing “Settings” in the search bar;
- From Settings, the next step would be to select the “System” option;
- Once the System menu opens, you would have to scroll down a little and look for the “Scale and layout” options from where you will be able to increase the size of text, apps, and other items. From the dropdown menu, select “125%” and changes would be instantly made to your system;
- With this, you should now be able to see a visible increase in the font size of your bookmarks toolbar in Chrome.
Google Chrome is known to be user-friendly, but it still lacks a few key functionalities such as the ability to let users change the font size of the bookmarks toolbar.
With that being said, the Windows operating system has got you covered since it easily allows you to make the text larger for all applications.