In this article, we’ll be focusing on Lexus cars with Android Auto. New Lexus models allow owners to use their Android devices in the vehicle without touching them.
Through a simple connection via USB cable, Lexus Android Auto serves as a controller and display system for an Android device using compatible Lexus multimedia systems.
It was announced in 2019, and the new feature is available currently in the 2020 Lexus models RX, UX, RC Coupe, and the NX and ES built after October 2019.
This new convenient feature is set to become standard in Lexus car models as users upgrade their multimedia software to the latest Lexus Multimedia systems.
Android Auto takes away the stress and risk of the driver handling a device while trying to focus on the road simultaneously.
So, whether you need to send a message, use your maps, play music, or listen to an audiobook, Android Auto makes things easier and more convenient while you focus on the road.
Table of Contents
- Lexus cars with Android Auto
- Wrap Up
Lexus cars with Android Auto
Requirements for Android Auto
Below are the requirements to set up Android Auto in your new Lexus:
- An Android device running at least on Android 5.0, Lollipop. However, Android 6.0, Marshmallow, is recommended for the best results;
- Android Auto app installed on the Android device;
- A working compatible USB cable to tether your Android device to the USB port in your Lexus model.
What are the capabilities of Android Auto?
With Android Auto, you can put your Android device on display right on your car’s infotainment screen.
It is an innovative way to project what you have going on your Android phone to Lexus’s infotainment system.
Tasks like answering phone calls, playing music, using navigation apps, and many others that you carry out on your Android device can easily be executed on your Android Auto without picking up your phone.
Google Assistant, with , sets things up nicely for you so you can be in control of your voice.
Get started by saying “Hey Google”, and you can all other functions with your eyes focused on the road without getting your hands off the .
- Google Maps gives you real-time alerts and accurate map readings right on your car’s multimedia system’s screen. In addition to Google Assistant, you can quickly locate important locations and landmarks on your driving route. You get to see everything on the factory screen while you control the car with your voice.
- Don’t miss any message. The best part about not missing your messages is that you can do it hands-free. You can listen to your incoming messages and reply to them using the speech-to-text option. Google Assistant makes it look like a conversation and keeps you less distracted as you drive.
- Accessible media center right before you. You can play any media format on your Android device in your car using the Android Auto capability. You can listen to music, create a car playlist, listen to the news, or an audiobook. You also get to do all these without taking your hands off the wheel.
Lexus models with Android Auto
The Lexus RX SUV is one of the first Lexus cars to support Android Auto. It is also one of the first vehicles to offer widescreen support for Android Auto.
The car model was announced to support this new convenient car feature for models produced from 23 October 2019.
The ES350 and the ES 300h are also part of the first models to support the Android Auto feature in Lexus’ newest models.
The feature will come standard with Lexus ES models produced from October 2019. Earlier models can get a retrofit that costs $249 at trusted and authorized Lexus dealerships.
The recent 2021 Lexus LC 500 and LC 500h luxury-performance coupe come with a factory-fitted Android Auto feature.
Older models, produced from 8 January 2018 onwards can work with Android Auto too and can be upgraded.
The Lexus LS models produced between October 2017 and October 2020 can be upgraded to support Android Auto.
Lexus RC and RC F are also among the Lexus models to receive the Android Auto upgrade. Models produced from 27 November 2017 onward are eligible for the upgrade.
Lexus NX models eligible for an Android Auto upgrade are produced from 1 September 2017.
Eligible Lexus UX models are produced from 5 October 2018.
Do you have plans to buy one of the latest Lexus vehicle models, or does your Lexus car fall into any of the models above?
Do you need to get an upgrade or retrofit?
Contact an authorized Lexus dealer. You can find a dealership here and book your upgrade.
Check out some of our other awesome articles:
- Mazda automobiles with Android Auto
- MirrorLink or Android Auto?
- What is Android Auto
- How to install Android Auto in a car
- How to play videos with Android Auto
- Watching Netflix in Android Auto
- Adding apps to Android Auto
- Weather apps for Android Auto
- Great selection of Android Auto music apps
- Android Auto phone list
- Setting up Android Auto home screen
- Android Auto – Do I need a data plan?
- Using Android Auto wirelessly
- Android Auto in VW Golf
- Android Auto in BMW models
- Android Auto and Carplay in Tesla Model S and X
- Best alternatives to Android Auto
- Fixing Android Auto problems