How to slow down or speed up YouTube videos? If you have watched a video for the purpose of learning something and found yourself pausing and rewinding to catch some information, slowing down could help. Also, there are particular scenes during sports and other activities where watching the video in slow motion may be useful.
On the other hand, if you don’t want to watch the whole video and you only need specific information, or if that’s the case you want to get just a general idea of it, you can accelerate to your preferred speed.
This guide shows you how to do this both on your computer and on your Android device.
How to slow down or speed up YouTube videos
Below are the simple and straightforward steps you need to go through to change the speed of YouTube videos when you are using your computer:
- Open your preferred browser, go to www.youtube.com and search for the video you want to adjust. You can also click on the YouTube app on your computer;
- Click on the Settings icon. The Settings is the gear-looking icon at the bottom right. Here you will also see Autoplay, Annotations, Speed, Subtitles, and quality options;
- Click on “Playback Speed”. Playback Speed is set to Normal by default and this is what you need to change;
- This takes you to the playback speed options for YouTube videos;
- If you want to fast forward the video, select 1.25x, 1.5x, 1.75x, or 2x. The highest number gives you the highest playback speed;
- However, if you want to slow down your YouTube video, change the playback speed to 0.25x, 0.50x, or 0.75x. The lowest number gives you the lowest playback speed.
Your choice depends on how fast or slow you want the playback. That’s it on how to slow down or speed up a YouTube video on a Computer.
How to slow down YouTube videos and how to speed up YouTube videos when using your Android phone:
- Open the browser and go to www.youtube.com or click on the YouTube app on your phone;
- Search and play the video you wish to adjust;
- Tap the three vertical dots at the top of your screen to find the Settings menu;
- Tap “Playback Settings” on the pop-up menu;
- Under “Speed”, click on the arrow facing down to find the video playback options;
- Choose the preferred video playback speed from the options.
Knowing how to play YouTube in slow motion may be particularly useful when you aim to catch some subtle details in specific areas of the video.
On the other hand, if you are short on time and you just want to catch the main idea of a certain video, setting up the speed is also a good move.
We hope this article was useful, helping you set the speed for any YouTube video and play it the way you want.