If you don’t know how to make a table on Google Docs you’re in the right spot. After reading this article, you will be able to create tables in Google Docs in no time
Tables are a great way to organize information in documents. A table is a grid of cells disposed of in rows and columns.
You can add or remove new rows and columns and customize the table as per your needs.
Furthermore, you can also edit the size of rows and columns to fit your data. For that, you can either use table properties or manually drag the column or row.
Writing rows of information in your document is not an effective way to represent data.
By using a table, you not only make the data visually appealing but also make it easier for the readers to interpret that information.
With tables providing the crucial data in the document, readers can quickly skim the document and obtain all the information.
In addition, tables also provide good formatting to the report you are writing. You can either create a new table, or you can add data to an existing one in your document.
Google Docs makes it very straightforward to add tables to a document. So, if you are wondering how to make a table, don’t worry.
This article will teach you how you can add a table to your Google Docs document.
Table of Contents
- How to make a table on Google Docs
- Wrap Up
How to make a table on Google Docs
Before adding a table to your Google Doc, please figure out the number of rows and columns you require.
Then, perform the following steps to create a table in your document:
- Click where you want to insert your table;
- Now, please click “Insert” in the menu bar and select table;
- After that, select a table size according to your requirement. For example, we want to create a 3×6 table for our data so we will choose that from the menu bar;
- As you can see, now we have successfully inserted a table in our Google Docs document;
- We can now fill in the data accordingly. Note that the data in a table can be text or numbers;
- You can also align the data according to your needs. For example, if you require all the data to be present in the center, you can use the “Center align” command in Google Docs app. To align the data, select all data present in the table;
- Now, move the mouse cursor above to find the “Centre align” option on the menu bar to align all the data to the center of the table. Conversely, you can also use the keyboard shortcut keys Ctrl+Shift+E instead of the menu bar to align the data to the table center;
- As you can see, the data is centrally aligned in our table.
What to do if you have some additional data?
If you have additional data, you can add rows and columns to your table. To add a row to the table, right-click on the row where you need to insert an additional one.
It will open the table properties. Then click “Insert row above” or “Insert row below” according to your needs.
We have now successfully inserted a row in our table. If you have more text or numbers, you can input them in the new row.
To add a column to the table, please right-click on the column where you would like to insert a new one. This will open the table properties.
Now, depending on your preference, please select “Insert column left” or “Insert column right” to add the new column.
We have now successfully added a column to our table. Now we can add additional text or numbers as data.
How to delete additional rows and columns?
If you want to remove additional rows from your table, please right-click on the row that you wish to delete and select “Delete row”.
You have now successfully removed the additional row. If you have multiple rows, then you can remove them by selecting and deleting additional ones.
To remove an additional column, right-click on the column that you want to delete. Then, select “Delete column”. You can also remove additional columns by selecting them.
The additional column is now removed from the table.
How to completely delete a table in Google Docs?
To delete an existing table entirely, just right-click anywhere on the table and select the “Delete table option”.
You have now successfully deleted the entire table from your Google document.
Google has revolutionized the world in many different ways. One of its significant achievements is the introduction of a variety of Google apps.
Google Docs and Google Sheets are two prime examples of easy-to-use excellent apps.
Google Docs is used for word processing and creating documents. Docs documents are similar to Microsoft Word ones.
On the other hand, Google Sheet is a Google spreadsheet app that works similarly to Microsoft Excel.
A Google Docs table consists of rows and columns. Each table cell can contain either text or numbers. You can change the row height and column width if the text or number is too big for a cell.
If you require an additional column, you can add it using the “Insert column” option from the menu bar.
Similarly, if your requirement is a new row, you can add a new one using the “Insert row” option from the menu bar.
You can delete rows and columns that are unnecessary with just a simple click. Furthermore, you can delete a whole table from a document if you need.
We hope that after reading the article, you will easily make tables in a Google Docs file.
Check out some of our other awesome articles:
- How to convert a Microsoft Word document to use in Google Docs
- Sluggish performance in Google Docs: why?
- How can I move images in Google Docs
- Printing double-sided on Google Docs (how to)
- How to disable auto capitalization in Google Docs
- Numbering pages in Google Docs
- Creating two columns in Google Docs
- Creating a graph on Google Docs