How to find your comments on YouTube? YouTube has become a part of many people’s daily routine. They might watch videos on this site to learn something new, for entertainment purposes, to watch gaming videos, to stay updated on the latest news, or other multitudes of reasons.
There are also many YouTubers producing great content on a regular basis and you might be a fan of their videos. So, it is very common for people to comment on these videos. Over time, you might not even realize that you have left hundreds of comments on YouTube.
Now, if you want to go back and edit a particular comment or delete it altogether, it may feel like a huge task. First of all, you would need to search that video again and then search for your comments in a pile of thousands of other comments.
Fortunately, there is a better way. You can check out your entire comment history with ease and change or delete any comment you want on any video.
How to find your comments on YouTube
To do so, simply follow these steps:
- First of all, open YouTube and make sure that the sidebar on the left is visible. If it is not visible, click on the three parallel lines on the top left of the window. Doing so will make the sidebar appear;
- Next, click on “History”;
- This will open up your watch history at the center of the screen. On the right side of the screen, you’ll see options like watch history, search history, comments, community, etc. Click on the circular box next to “Comments”;
- This will display all your comments at the center of the screen (instead of watch history). You can scroll through this list and find any particular comment that you are looking for;
- If you want to edit or delete it, click on the three dots next to the comment. You will see two options, “edit” and “delete”;
- By clicking “edit”, you will be taken to the video where you made the comment. There you can make any changes you wish and then you can click on “Save”. Your edited comments will have the word “edited” next to the comment, so anyone is able to see it;
- If you click on “Delete”, you will be presented with a small window where you can erase the comment. After doing this, your comment will be deleted from that video forever. So make sure you really want to delete that particular comment.
These are the simple steps that you can take to find your comments on YouTube and then edit or delete them. This tutorial can be useful on a number of occasions.
Maybe you commented something on a video that you regretted later and so, you might want to delete it. Or maybe you want to add anything to your previous comment and so you may want to edit it. No matter what the situation is, you can do it all from one convenient place.