How Do I Know Which MacBook Pro I Have?
Has someone ever asked you about your MacBook’s model but you were completely clueless all these years about it? You’re probably wondering: “How do I know which MacBook Pro I have?”.
Don’t worry because most people have been there at least once in their lives. You’re just a few seconds away from finding the answer.
You also need to know that MacBook names don’t change. They have model names that identify updated versions.
This is an example of how a model name looks like: “MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)”.
Don’t worry, you can find out yours too!
How to know which MacBook Pro I have
Please follow these instructions to recognize which MacBook Pro you have:
- On the upper-left corner, you will see your Apple menu.
- Next, go to About this Mac option.
- A window pops up and there’s a serial number written.
- You only need to select the serial number and copy it.
- Go to the link (https://checkcoverage.apple.com/) and paste the serial number that you copied in the previous step.
- Enter the code and click on the Continue button.
- You’re done! Your model number will be displayed on your screen. Additionally, the details of the supported services will also be displayed.
Hopefully, now all your confusions are clear if you’ve ever asked yourself how to identify your MacBook Pro.
But maybe you have a MacBook but it’s not a MacBook Pro.
What if you have a MacBook Air?
We’re also covering that question in this article, too.
What if I have a MacBook Air?
Luckily, the process is exactly the same.
Yes, whether it is a MacBook Air or a MacBook Pro. The way to find out your MacBook’s model is the same.
Just follow the instructions above. In the same way, you’ll have access to the information you’re looking for.