If you are facing the Grindr not refreshing error, keep reading this article as we’ll get you some solutions.
The Grindr application was designed more than a decade ago, in March 2009.
It is available for both Android and iOS devices and you can get it from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store respectively.
It was a pioneering app and nowadays, it is the preferred gay dating platform worldwide with 3.6 million daily active users in 196 countries. It is very significant for the LGBTQ community.
Grindr offers an ad-supported version that is free to use and provides some great essential features in the free package.
However, you can also pay for premium versions, adding a lot of great pinpoints: Grindr XTRA and Grindr Unlimited.
The application works with your phone’s GPS and sorts profiles from distance (location-based app).
Other guys will automatically load as you scroll down your cascade until you’ve reached the maximum number of profiles allowed for your plan. If you subscribe to a premium plan, you’ll also get a lot of search filters.
Table of Contents
- Grindr unable to refresh: how to fix it?
- Wrap Up
Grindr unable to refresh: how to fix it?
If your Grindr application is not behaving as it should and you’ve been getting the “unable to refresh” message, we have some solutions if you’re using an Android device.
That is a well-known error commonly present in this popular app.
Below, we’ll give you the best fixes that are known to overcome the problem.
Force stop the application
Forcing a certain application to stop and opening it again is kind of a magical fix to almost any issue. To force Grindr to stop, perform the following steps:
- Go to the app menu and open “Settings”;
- On the “Settings” page, search for “Apps”, “Apps and notifications”, or “Application Manager”, depending on your Android version;
- Once there, search for the Grindr app and tap it to open the app info menu;
- Then, tap on “Force Stop”;
- Tap “Storage”, or “Storage and cache”, and then “Clear cache”;
- Open Grindr again, log in to your Grindr account, and check if the “unable to refresh” issue is now solved.
If the above procedure didn’t solve the problem, move on to the next method.
Check for updates
Keeping your apps updated is crucial to solving crashy or unreliable previous versions. A lot of times, this simple step may solve your issues with the app.
- Open the Google Play Store;
- Click on your profile picture in the upper right corner;
- Tap “Manage apps & device”;
- Now choose “Updates available” – if there is some pending update;
- If Grind is listed there, just tap de “Update” button and the app will be immediately updated.
Reinstalling a misbehaving app is the ultimate procedure to try to solve a certain problem.
- Go to the app menu and find Grindr;
- Tap it and hold it for a couple of seconds;
- At the top right of the screen, an “Uninstall” option will be shown. Drag the Grind icon there to uninstall it;
- Restart your Android phone;
- Go to the Play Store and search for Grindr;
- Install it again and check if the problem has disappeared.
Are you using a fake GPS app?
Fake location applications are popular among dating app users as they are useful in a bunch of situations. With a fake GPS app, you can set a default GPS location, which is a great step to protect your privacy.
That way, other Grindr users won’t be able to determine your positioning, as most dating apps show the distance between persons.
Also, the free version of Grindr is limited to a number of profiles that are closer to your location.
Setting another Grindr location will let you interact with people all over your country, depending on where you set your fake GPS app.
Unfortunately, with a lot of fake location apps, Grindr won’t work correctly and will return an “Unable to refresh”, or “Unable to get location” error.
If that’s your case, stop the virtual location app you’re using or uninstall it to check if the problem persists.
If not, you can later try another mock location app that may be undetected by Grindr.
As a last resort, you may install an Android emulator like BlueStacks on your Windows 10 computer. That way you may easily mock your exact location without Grindr interference.
Nowadays, Grindr is a mandatory app for the LGBTQ community.
Being the worldwide most used gay dating app means that the chances of finding interesting people around your area are higher.
It can be worrying if the app is not behaving as we expect.
This article provided you with some solutions to solve the most common Grindr struggle for Android users.
We hope these tips and fixes helped you run Grindr without any issues.
Check out some of our other awesome articles:
- Websites and applications that are similar to Grindr
- Is it possible to use Grindr without the app?
- How can I unmatch on Tinder?
- How can I see my super likes in Tinder?
- My Tinder match disappeared. Why?
- What to do when meeting someone on Tinder?
- How does Tinder read receipts work?
- Tinder Top Picks – What is that?
- Why does Tinder say that I have a message when I don’t?