If you want to discover how to show Chrome’s menu bar if it’s missing, stay with us. We’ll guide you through that along with this article.
Chrome is a browser designed by Google, and it is the top choice for many people thanks to its efficiency, speed, and convenience.
Like many things with technology today, the Chrome browser does not come without its flaws, one of which is a missing menu bar – an issue that happens sometimes.
Many users find this weird, as the Chrome browser comes with a default three-vertical-dot icon (⋮) at the upper right corner that opens up the Chrome menu.
However, there are times when this icon disappears, leaving users clueless. Since this is a frequently used feature, everyone must know what to do if it goes missing in their Chrome browser anytime.
And, it is also important to note that Chrome does not come with a menu bar by default; it has to be set up.
If you have set up a menu bar on your Chrome browser, it could go missing, and then you begin to wonder how to enable it again.
So, is the menu icon missing in Chrome? Where do you find it? How do you show Chrome’s menu bar if it’s missing?
Table of Contents
- How to show the menu bar in Chrome if it’s missing
- Wrap Up
How to show the menu bar in Chrome if it’s missing
Read below and find a bunch of possible fixes for the problem.
Launch Chrome by clicking the Google Chrome icon. Before you go after solutions to a problem that might not exist, make sure you are not using your Chrome browser in full-screen mode. Press the F11 keyboard shortcut on your Windows PC to exit full-screen mode on your Chrome browser.
Use the vertical “three-dot” menu button (⋮)
- At the top-right corner of your Chrome window, click on the “⋮” button and you will be able to access a drop-down menu;
- From the options in the menu, select “More Tools”;
- When you click on “More Tools menu”, another drop-down menu will show;
- Select “Extensions”. This will open up the Extensions page in your Chrome browser;
- From the page, you can select the extensions that will make up the menu bar on the browser;
- Anything you don’t have working on your menu bar can be activated from here by simply turning on the toggle switch.
Enable Bookmark bar
If by chance, your bookmarks bar is not showing, too, you may need to enable it as it is a part of your Chrome menu.
- Click on the three vertical dots (⋮);
- Click on Bookmarks;
- From the options in the drop-down menu, click on “Show Bookmarks”;
- Once you select that option, the “Show bookmarks bar” option will be ticked, and all your bookmarks will display on your Chrome bookmarks menu.
Scan your computer for viruses
If your Chrome toolbar still doesn’t work after trying the above methods and steps, it might be a virus-related issue.
Run antivirus software to scan your computer. If the software spots a virus, it will get rid of it.
Use the “chrome://setings/” method
If you have any changes you want to make, or any settings option you want to access but cannot be found on the menu bar, to make those changes, simply type “chrome://settings/” into the browser’s address bar and then press the “Enter” key. From the “Settings menu”, you will be able to make any desired change.
Get rid of incompatible Extensions
The menu bar in the Chrome browser is usually made up of extensions, bookmarks, and other tools.
An incompatible extension may be the reason for the Chrome menu bar not showing in your web browser.
If this problem began after installing an extension, simply remove the latest Chrome extension you installed. Launch Chrome browser task manager using the “Shift + Esc” keys.
Select the task you would like to end and click on “End Process” as it appears in the image below.
Uninstall and install Google Chrome
Reinstalling Chrome might be all you need to fix a Chrome menu bar missing if all the suggestions above did not work.
Many users on the Google Support forum have found it helpful. You might too.
Thank you for reading. We hope this Google Chrome show menu bar tutorial has been helpful.
Check out some of our other awesome articles: