Can you move photos from Google Photos to Google Drive? It wasn’t too long ago when Google Photos and Google Drive were connected, and users could find their photos stored on both apps. With that being said, it’s no longer the case since these two apps don’t sync data with each other anymore.
Thanks to this move, many users have been left wondering what to do. Although Google Photos is a safe place to back up all your images, some people still prefer to have all their data stored in one place, namely Google Drive.
Or, it could also be the case that you have your pictures stored on Google Drive, but you want them in their own individual folders in Google Photos.
As these two apps are on their own separate paths now, it also became a lot more complicated to transfer data from one app to another.
With that being said, we’ve done extensive research for you on this subject. Accordingly, we will tell you all about how to move photos from Google Photos to Google Drive and vice versa.
Table of Contents
- How to move photos from Google Photos to Google Drive
- Move photos from Google Drive to Google Photos
- Wrap Up
How to move photos from Google Photos to Google Drive
If you’d like to transfer your pictures from Google Photos to Google Drive for whatever reason, we’d just like to let you know that the procedure isn’t that complicated. However, you’d be needing Google Photos installed on your phone. If you have that taken care of, let’s have a look at this simple procedure:
- First of all, you have to open the Google Photos app on your phone and log into it;
- Afterward, you need to select all the photos that you want to transfer to your Google Drive account;
- Once you’re done selecting them, the next step would be to press the share icon on the top-right side of your device, which would provide you a bunch of contacts and apps you can share your photos with;
- From that list, opt for “Save to Drive”;
- Then, the Google Photos app will allow you to edit the document titles, your Google Drive email account, and even the folder you want to store your pictures in;
- You can make all the necessary changes, and then press “Save” on the bottom-right side of your screen;
- With this procedure, all your photos should get transferred to your Google Drive account once they’ve been uploaded to the server.
Move photos from Google Drive to Google Photos
How do I move photos from Google Drive to Google Photos? As the two apps are now in their own separate ways, you might have wondered that. If so, you’re in luck as today we will be teaching you how to do so.
Although we’re going to be following the good old manual procedure, there is a catch to our technique and you’ll very soon get to learn it.
- To start, you need to switch on your computer and visit the Google Photos website;
- After logging in with your credentials, opt for the “Upload” option located at the top-right side of the screen;
- This should present you with two options to upload from the Computer and Google Drive, choose Google Drive;
- After you’ve clicked on it, you’ll be presented with the images you have on your Google Drive account;
Note: If you have more than a hundred images and want to migrate all of them, it could take quite a while for you to do that. However, what most people don’t know is that we can select hundreds of images at once. Just follow the procedure below:
- Select the first image on your page, as you normally would;
- Then, scroll down to the last image on your Google Drive account and select it while holding the “Shift” key on your keyboard. With this, all your photos should be selected;
- Now, the next step is to click the “Upload” button at the bottom-right side of the window;
- Google Photos will then ask you whether you want to go for the Original resolution or High-Quality resolution;
- We recommend opting for High-Quality resolution. That way, Google Photos gives you unlimited storage space;
- Once you click “Continue”, the images should start uploading to your Google Drive account, and in some minutes, depending on your internet connection, all the photos will have been transferred from Google Photos to Google Drive.
Although Google Photos and Google Drive don’t sync data with each other anymore, it doesn’t mean that users can no longer transfer data between these two applications.
As a matter of fact, there are a number of methods out there that make this totally possible, but in this article, we’ve only highlighted the best of them. Lastly, we really hope that you will now be able to move photos from Google Drive to Google Photos and vice versa.
Check out some of our other awesome articles:
- Transfer Google Photos to a new account
- How to change the location of Google Drive folder
- Cloud storage: The best alternatives to Google Drive
- How can I change my Google business address
- How to download photos and albums from Google Photos
- Differences between Gmail and a Google Account
- Recover permanently deleted photos from Google Photos and Drive
- Google Docs ownership – How to transfer?
- Can I still get 100GB free on Google Drive?
- Editing photos with Google Drive
- Google Photos vs Google Drive