Let’s take a look at how to go frame by frame on YouTube. YouTube is the most popular video-sharing platform in the world with almost 2 billion users. Every minute, people worldwide upload a combined 500 hours of the video there.
There is so much content being produced by YouTubers that it has virtually everything for your consumption needs. Also, the viewing experience has come to be loved by people as there are so many options available to them.
YouTube lets you watch your videos in theater mode, in a mini-player, and on full screen. You can also increase or decrease the speed of playback, change the quality, turn on subtitles, and so on.
With so many options, you can fully immerse yourself in the videos you watch and enjoy them in many ways. But not many people know that there is one more really awesome feature on YouTube that they can access with their keyboards.
This feature allows viewers to watch any video frame by frame. It can be helpful in a number of situations, like when you want to take a screenshot at just the perfect time, when you want to see something in the video that quickly goes away, or even when you just want to check out an important part of the video in great detail.
Surprisingly, this is a feature that is almost never mentioned but it is quite useful to have regardless. So, let’s take a look at the steps to go frame by frame in a video.
Table of Contents
How to go frame by frame on YouTube
The steps involved are very easy. If you have ever used keyboard shortcuts, you will get it instantly. Still, for the uninitiated, let’s take a look at the simple steps in order, in a way that is easy to follow:
- Assuming you are already on YouTube, you have to click on any YouTube video that you’re willing to watch;
- Then, you can watch the video for a while, and at any point where you want to go frame by frame, pause the video first. You may either press the “space” key on the keyboard or the “K” key. You can also click on the video itself with the mouse and it will get paused immediately;
- Now, when the video is paused, if you press the full stop key (.) you will be taken one frame forward. And if you press the comma key (,) you will be taken one frame back. You can try pressing both the keys one after the other to test it for yourself;
- To move the frames a little faster, you can keep pressing the comma or the full stop key without lifting your finger;
- If moving frame to frame is a bit slow for you, you can also press the “J” and “L” keys. They move you 10 seconds at a go (forward or backward). This will make it easier to scrub through the video;
- When you are done, you can click on the video to unpause it or press the space key on your keyboard.
Knowing how to make a progression frame by frame on YouTube is one of those things that are unknown by many but can be very useful in a bunch of situations.
In this article, you got how to frame by frame YouTube cleared up in a comprehensive step-by-step guide that we hope was helpful.
Also, getting to know the YouTube frame-by-frame hotkey can be very convenient.
Check out some of our other awesome articles:
- Combining videos on YouTube
- How can I enable long videos on YouTube?
- How much time does it take to upload a video to YouTube?
- How can I embed a YouTube video in Gmail?
- Where can I find my YouTube uploaded videos?
- Fixing audio renderer error on YouTube
- Listening to YouTube with the screen off
- How much storage do you get in YouTube
- How to save YouTube videos to iPhone
- Best YouTube downloaders for Android
- How to download a video from YouTube to a computer