How to embed YouTube video in Gmail? YouTube is the most popular video-sharing platform in the world and Gmail is the most popular email service. Both platforms are owned by Google. As a result, embedding a YouTube video in Gmail is quite easy.
If you try to do it with other email services or other video-sharing platforms, you might face difficulties or have to use third-party plug-ins or extensions. But that’s not the case here.
While technically, you can’t embed a YouTube video in a Gmail email, you can send it as a link and that pretty much acts as an embedded video (again, because both these services are run by the same company).
Google is able to verify the source of the video and therefore make sure that it is secure to send to a recipient. The receiver just has to open the email and the video starts playing right from the email itself.
Table of Contents
How to embed YouTube video in Gmail
Let’s take a look at the simple steps that can be taken to embed a video in your email body.
One of the reasons why it is important to know how to do it is that it allows the receiver to quickly watch the video from the email’s body, without having to open it in a new window or a new tab.
Small things like this are important for enhanced user experience and might save some time too.
So, if you want to make it easier for the recipient to watch a YouTube video that you want to share, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open your browser and access the YouTube video that you want to embed in the email;
- Now, copy the link to the video from the address bar at the top of the browser. To do this click on the link and press the “Ctrl + C” keys together on your keyboard;
- Alternatively, you can also click on the “Share” button and copy the link from there;
- Next, open Gmail and sign in to your account if you are not already signed in;
- From here, click on the “Compose” button at the top left corner of the window;
- A new small window will open up at the bottom right corner of your screen;
- There, simply type the email address of the person that you want to send the video to in the “To” field;
- Next, type in any subject you want;
- Then type some text in the email body. You might want to explain what the video is about or say anything else that you may find relevant;
- Once you’re done with the text, paste the video link right after;
- If everything is in order, click the blue-colored “Send” button;
- Once the receiver opens up your email, they will see the text and below it, there will be a thumbnail of the video you sent;
- When they click on the thumbnail, the video will start playing in the Gmail window itself. So, in this way, the video acts as an embedded video, even though technically it isn’t.
So, these are the quick steps you can follow to “embed” a YouTube video in Gmail.
This way you don’t have to rely on third-party plug-ins, extensions, and other add-ons. It’s just simple and straightforward.
Check out some of our other awesome articles: